Integral Pelvic Therapy- education
This training is particularly suitable for bodyworkers, doctors and obstetricians. After completing the training you can join the professional association Integral Pelvic Therapy®-Association (IPTA) which will give you a platform to exchange knowledge and join intervision and/ or training groups specially for Integral Pelvic Therapy- practitioners.
What is Integral Pelvic Therapy® for therapy?
Integral Pelvic Therapy® Integral Pelvic Therapy® (IPT®) is a form of body work for women, with the aim of restoring balance in the area of the pelvis. Working as an IPT® practitioner and midwife, Daphne sees many women with various problems in their pelvic floor. Varying from women who have little to no contact with their sexuality, have a numb feeling or expierence pain during sex. Women with a lot of tension or a too weak pelvic floor. IPT is also suitable for women with chronic inflammations or a prolapse of the bladder or uterus.
Integral Pelvic Therapy® has an integrated approach to the above-mentioned problems, which makes it possible to work in a more solution-oriented way. Women report an enlarged feeling in their pelvic bowl after one session, a decrease of symptoms, are more in contact with their body and are better able to set and feel boundaries. Many women experience more pleasure from their sexuality and are even capable of experiencing other forms of orgasms.
Who is IPT® suitable for?
Every woman who wants to know more about her body and / or her sexuality benefits from Integral Pelvic Therapy®.
IPT® is also very suitable as preparation for delivery. Currently, about 75 pregnant women have received treatment during pregnancy. These women give birth mostly spontaneous, they did not need pain relief and had no ruptures / episiotomy. This is all based on experience, no scientific research has been done (yet). Daphne has also been able to apply IPT® for many deliveries during labor. IPT® proved to be very effective, particularly in the case of non-progressive dilation or bith and / or necessity of induction.
But also not pregnant women benefit from IPT®, with a request for help such as:
Pain during sex
Heavy menstrual pain
Uterus / bladder prolapse
Unintended urine loss
Chronic inflammations on the vulva
Trauma about sexual abuse
Do not feel like having sex
Painful / numb scar tissue after giving birth or Caesarean section
Unexplained (lower) back complaints or tailbone
What does a session look like?
Integral Pelvic Therapy® lasts for at least 2 hours. It is therefore important that a client can be “present” in her body. Being present in the body means that during the treatment the client is always able to make contact with the therapist. She does not disappear from her body, but she is able to feel and indicate boundaries.
Integral Pelvic Therapy® works on different layers:
– The mental layer: Before every treatment takes place an intake interviews is carried out. Only then can a client make a well-informed decision about whether a treatment is most useful to her. When the eventual treatment is to be given, a talk beforehand also takes place between the practitioner and the client. What is being discussed are the pieces that are not in balance in her life and how can she be coached in this.
– The physical layer: through soft internal and internal massage techniques, the fascia in the pelvis is examined, smoothed out and adhesions are solved. Also trigger points are found and adressed. Tension patterns are found and treatened, allowing the pelvis to function in balance again. As a result, sensitivity comes back instead of a numb or painful feeling.
– The emotional layer: It often happens that emotions are stored in the body, especially in the vulnerable area of the pelvis. IPT® lets the emotions be felt so that they can be processed and / or released.
– The energetic layer: Energy can be felt as a kind of electrical charge in your body. If a blockage occurs in this, it feels like a “stiffening” in the tissue. After a treatment, the energy can flow freely throughout the body. Women can have the feeling to “shine from the inside”.
– The spiritual layer: Sometimes there is an unprocessed event in the family line that can have an impact in your system. By using bodywork combined with visualization techniques these events can be given a place whereby the balance is restored. This is noticeable due to a feeling of more energy and vitality.
Why this training?
There is a gap in care providers in providing help to women with women-related problems. We believe that IPT® can play a key role in closing this gap. It is a form of therapy that is not yet offered in this way.
What exactly does the program involve?
The course is a post-graduate course that lasts for 6 months. It is a mix of theoretical knowledge and hands-on training. You will finish the training with a theoretical, practical and oral exam. You also write a thesis that you present at the end of the training.
After the training you are a certified IPT® practitioner. You can join the professional association: Integral Pelvic Therapy®-Association and with that a quality and dispute register recommended by us. This means you can carry out this work in a legal and responsible way.
What do you learn during the training?
– Anatomy and physiology of the central nervous system
– Anatomy and physiology of the pelvis
– External and internal treatment techniques of the pelvis
– Vaginal mapping
– Energetic work in a body
– Work with presence in a body
– General gynecological abnormalities and diseases. The IPT practitioner can recognize these and refer them to the specialist if necessary.
– correctly perform a pelvic floor assessment and give appropriate exercises if necessary
– Recognize sexual dysfunctions and, if appropriate, treat them with IPT®
– Being able to recognize and treat traumatic patterns such as sexual abuse and / or sexual violence
– Trauma work on a therapeutic basis
– Recognizing / and anticipating dissociation patterns
– To have knowledge of and be able to apply consent
– Professionally administering a general anamnesis
– Use IPT® in preparation for delivery or processing after a traumatic delivery
– To be able to apply IPT® protocollair
– Having knowledge of contra- indications
– Have knowledge of applying a correct status
– Able to reflect professionally on your own actions
– To have knowledge and be able to recognize different character structures
– Can apply and use breathing / breathing techniques
– Imaginairy rescripting
– Making contact with a sense of inner wisdom, trusting intuition and being able to get to know your feminine power
– Being able to apply and use meditations / visualizations
During the period of the training you will go through a process of your own, where you learn to examine your own pelvis and you’ll be practising on fellow participants. You will gain insight into your own limitations, blockades and triggers. This requires an extremely flexible attitude and willingness to look at your own patterns. You will be guided by Mariëtte and Daphne, assisted by a team of already graduated Integral Pelvic Therapy practitioners.
The training is ideal for bodyworkers, doctors, obstetricians or other birth assistants.
During the training you will practice on each other and on practise clients. For the practise treatments you may ask for a limited amount of € 100 per client at a certain moment in the study program. You will receive intervision and supervision during these training sessions.
Predominantly English because foreign students also will participate.
Who gives the training?
Daphne van der Putten:
Daphne has worked for years as a medical midwife in an academic center. From that work she developed, after much research, Integral Pelvic Therapy®, in response to many medical complications. She now works fully as a body worker and partly as a midwife in her practice; “Birth and Bodywork”.
If you want to know more about Daphne: www.birthandbodywork.nl
Mariette has a background as a teacher and is also a very experienced body worker as a Body stress release therapist. Mariëtte has the body stress release to the Netherlands, a form of body work which is now very common and is now reimbursed by health insurance. Mariëtte is also a women coach and VLOW therapist.
Saturday 14, Sunday 15, Monday 16 and Tuesday 17 September 2019: this is block 1 and 2
Monday 7 and Tuesday 8 October 2019: this is block 3
Monday 4 and Tuesday 5 November 2019: this is block 4
Monday 9 and Tuesday 10 December 2019: this is block 5
Monday 6 and Tuesday 7 January 2020: this is block 6
Saturday 8, Sunday 9, Monday 10 and Tuesday 11 February 2020: this is block 7 and 8
Monday 9 and Tuesday 10 March 2020: this is block 9 (exam days)
10.00 am in the morning starts every training.
On consecutive training days we continue until 22:00 in the evening
On non-consecutive training days we continue until 18:00.
There is NO overnight stay.
The investment for this accredited post-graduate course is € 4795 if you pay the entire amount in advance. Our training is excluded from VAT because Integral Pelvic Therapy education has been registered with the Centraal Register Korte Beroepsopleidingen (CRKBO).
It is possible to pay in installments, however, in that case € 250 will be added to the whole ammount. The scheme is then as following:
Before 1 August 2019 deposit € 1800
October 2019 1st term € 811.25
November 2019 2nd term € 811.25
December 2019 3rd term € 811.25
January 2020 4th installment € 811.25
Organic freshly prepared meals are included on connected days. This is lunch and dinner. Lunch is served on non- consecutive days, on those days no dinner is served.
Cancellation up to 3 months before the start of the training 250€ will be charged.
In case of cancellation up to 2 months before the training, 50% of the total training fee will be charged.
In the case of cancellation within 2 months before the start of the training, the entire amount will be charged.
Conditions to participate?
– basic medical and psycho-social knowledge; if you do not have this, willingness to do so within a year of completing the training
– Affinity with women’s work
– Being a woman yourself
– HBO work and thinking level
– Received an IPT® treatment from one of the current IPT® practitioners. We ask the practitioner to tell us something about you as a person. This is not about the treatment itself or about your process. If you live abroad and this is difficult, please let us know.
– An intake interview with Daphne and / or Mariëtte
– We must feel that this work suits you as a person. Everyone can learn a technique, but not everyone is capable of performing this delicate but beautiful work.
If you are interested and would like to register, we would like to receive the following information:
Full name and address
If applicable: company data
Motivation letter why you would like to do this work.
Enrollment is based on the order of entry, after evaluation of the motivation letter and the intake interview. Only when the payment has been paid, you are actually registered.
This information follows after we have both agreed that this training completely fits you in the work you do, or wants to do.
Do you like to discuss and / or do you have other questions:
Please mail to:
Daphne van der Putten
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Burgemeester van Heemstrakwartier 24
3731TG De Bilt
0031-6-42827578 (not always easy to reach mobile since Daphne is currently allowed to accompany a number of (home) deliveries and is possibly occupied).
2593VW The Hague
Together we have united ourselves in: Dana v.o.f
Lots of love, Daphne and Mariëtte